Search This Blog

Kerry Katona

November 2012


My grandad lived in Nottingham. He was Hungarian and moved from Budapest to Nottingham and lived there for many years.
I remember him telling me about Goose Fair.
I’ll be back up that way again when come to Mansfield to sign copies of my new book, Still Standing.
At the moment I’m in a warehouse signing 3000 copies of it. It starts off with a personal dedication but by the end of it I’ll just be writing ’KK’.
I’m looking forward to going around the country. It’s a great way to meet the fans.
With the first autobiography (Too Much Too Young in 2006) a lot of people got in touch and said how it helped them with their difficulties. And I’m hoping this will be the same.
I’ve been really open and honest about my addiction, my bankruptcy and my divorces. There are so many people out there who go through the same thing but aren’t really willing to talk about it.
By me talking about it, they know they’re not on their own. No matter how lonely you get, you can get through it, which I have done.
I’ve been clean for three years, I’ve moved on and I’m getting on with the my life.
We’ve all made mistakes but it’s unfortunate that when an ordinary person trips over at the bus stop the old lady sees. But when I do it the whole world sees.
And I’ve tripped over at the bus stop many times.
It was the drugs more than anything.
I’m so lucky to be doing the job that I do. I meet amazing people all over the country, I get to do amazing TV shows and I’ve got four amazing kids. I’ve put a roof over their heads and I’ve been able to put them through a decent education, all by myself.
They’re at private school. Molly (her eldest daughter with former Westlife member Brian McFadden) is at boarding school now and starting to talk like Kate Middleton.
They’ve had a completely different upbringing to what I had. They’ve never seen me drunk or seen me take drugs.
Despite everyone else knowing what I was getting up to, my kids did not have a clue.
Not until I sat them down and let them watch one of my TV shows, Kerry Katona: Coming Clean.
My oldest was really confused and asked me “when did this happen, mum?” because I’d kept it all from them.
I don’t worry about baring all in the books because at the end of the day there isn’t much that hasn’t been written about me. And the kids, when they get older, are going to see it anyway.
I dedicate the book to them. To Molly and Lilly, Max and Heidi, because I know I’ve done a lot of things wrong with my life, but when I look at them I know I’ve done something right.
I hope that as they go through adolescence and their teenage years the book teaches them what not to do.
Apart from the book, I’m working with Atomic Kitten again for a TV show for ITV2 with Five, 911, B*Witched and Liberty X.
And there’ll be a 14-date arena tour.
I was really shocked to be asked to do it but I’m really looking forward to it.
It’ll be like I’ve come full circle.

Kerry Katona will be signing copies of Still Standing at Asda off Old Mill Lane, Forest Town, Mansfield, on Wednesday, November 28 at 12.30pm.
Still Standing is published by Orion, priced at £18.99 for the hardback and £9.99 for the eBook.




No comments:

Post a Comment