Search This Blog

The Subways

pic e’d

Five Minutes With...
Charlotte Cooper of The Subways

DESPITE the likes of Liam Gallagher, Paul Weller and Dave Grohl hopping aboard The Subways train following the release of their 2005 debut album Young For Eternity, the Welwyn Garden City three-piece nearly didn’t make it to the “difficult” second album. Frontman Billy Lunn was diagnosed with polyps on his vocal cords and then he and bassist girlfriend Charlotte Cooper split after eight years.
But with differences set aside and Lunn fully recovered, the trio finished All Or Nothing in Los Angeles with former Nirvana producer Butch Vig.

If you had to be stuck in a lift with someone, who would it be?
Christian Bale. I reckon he'd know how to get us out, being Batman and all!

What is your biggest fear
Being late. I'm always really early, being late freaks me out.

Do you have any superstitions?
I'm not a particularly superstitious person. Although I do really like the number 2, so always pick that if there's a number option. Being 22 at the moment is amazing.

If you could only have one song on your iPod, what would it be?
Probably Lovefool by The Cardigans. I've listened to that song a thousand times, and I'm still not bored of it.

What’s the most expensive item you’ve ever bought, not including property?
My lovely Macbook. I don't think I could go on tour without it.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Someone recently said to me that you can't predict the future, so stop worrying about it. Just deal with things as they come up.

When was the last time you cried and why?
I cry far too much! I got a bit stressed yesterday, because I was sitting in a room filled with papers, and couldn't find the one I needed.

What’s your indulgence?
Wine and chocolate... together.

How environmentally friendly are you?
I try but it can be difficult on the road. At home I recycle. And I'm a big fan of walking and public transport.

How many texts do you send in a day?
Far too many. I've just updated my contract to include unlimited texts.

What item could you not live without?
My laptop. With Skype and Facebook, it's my connection home. And I can watch films on there.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd make myself less impatient. I even annoy myself with it.

Where are you going on holiday?
I'm staying at home. After a relentless summer of festivals, all I want to do is see the people I've missed.

What were you doing this time yesterday?
I was doing a radio session for XFM. Probably one of the best we've ever done.

What will you be doing this time tomorrow?
I'll be on a train up to see my lovely boyfriend.

The Subways play Rock City on Monday September 29. For tickets call 0871 3100 000.

SIMON WILSON

No comments:

Post a Comment